We are delighted to announce a date for this new class, a romantic style cake with a mixture of birds and flowers.
- The class will teach the basics of how to paint on cakes, how to prepare the fondant, how to water down the paint, which brushes to use and the process of applying the paint to the cake.
- How to lay out a design, and how to correct mistakes. Also what reference to use and how to transpose your chosen image into a painted design.
- Natasha will be sharing lots of painting tips and techniques that will help give movement and depth to the design.
- How to make painted bird topper
- Natasha will be specifically teaching how to paint:
- Birds, how to paint them so they are anatomically correct and how to position them on branches
- Roses, concentrating on the centers of the flowers, shape and layering of petals and the positing of the flowers. How to create depth and movement in a flower, which will include using white paint. How to paint roses at different angles.
- Dog roses, Blossoms, Chrysanthemums and how to paint natural looking branches
- You will need to bring your own covered dummy. You can create this cake using a 8″ diameter, 3″ high straight edged round dummy and a 6″ diameter, 3″ high straight edged round dummy. You can purchase a covered dummy for the class for £25. This class is suitable for all levels from beginners up. The class costs £145 and will be held in Berkhamsted, Herts from 10am-4.30pm. There will be refreshments and a cold lunch. You will also have notes to take home. Once your course is booked and paid for you will need to cancel at least one calendar month prior to the class to receive a full refund. Cancellations received less than one month prior to the class date will only be refunded if a replacement can be found for your place. (This is because beyond this point the event will have been confirmed and is non-refundable)