A pretty watercolour style cake with watercolour flowers. Topped with a large wafer paper rose.
- The class will teach the basics of how to paint on cakes, how to prepare the fondant, how to water down the paint, which brushes to use and the process of applying the paint to the cake.
- How to lay out a design, and how to correct mistakes. Also what reference to use and how to transpose your chosen image into a painted design.
- I will be sharing lots of painting tips and techniques that will help give movement and depth to the design.
- The designs used on this cake are in a watercolour style, they are loose and free.
- I will also teach four watercolour designs for cookies.
- I will be specifically teaching how to paint:
- Loose roses, concentrating on the centers of the flowers, shape and layering of petals and the positing of the flowers. How to create depth and movement in a flower.
- Smaller filler flowers
- How to create a watercolour background
- Leaves, how to position and bring tone and movement into the leaf and how they are some of the most important features.